How Can Chin Implants Help?
A receding or “weak” chin can affect your overall appearance, especially in profile. In fact, some patients who are considering rhinoplasty to improve their profiles may be better served by getting chin augmentation to balance out the lower portion of the face.
A more prominent chin can also create a more defined jawline and streamline the neck’s contours. Both men and women can be good candidates for chin implants, but Dr. DuPéré understands that the aesthetic ideal of a male chin is quite different than that for females. A “strong” male chin has a more squared shape, and women desire a more elegant, refined look. That being said, aging is often accompanied by a loss of muscle and bone mass and a chin implant is often combined with our facelift and neck lift procedure, for both males and females, to compensate for that age-related loss of volume.
In general, a chin implant can:
- Correct facial asymmetry
- Enhance the definition of your jawline
- Improve the appearance of a receding chin for a stronger profile
- Balance your lower face with more prominent upper-face features such as the nose, cheek bones, and brow
- Help disguise “marionette lines” that can develop over time on each side of the chin
- Correct the early stages of aging in the neck
Dr. DuPéré can also address other concerns at the time of your surgery by adding other face procedures such as a face and neck lift. This is a popular and effective way to get an overall enhancement, and it’s very safe in the hands of an experienced surgeon such as Dr. DuPéré.