Dr. DuPéré’s Filler and Volumizer Techniques
Dr. DuPéré offers the following dermal fillers for optimal skin rejuvenation:
Non-Animal, Stabilized Hyaluronic Acid (NASHA) Products
These natural, non-allergenic fillers contain hyaluronic acid, a sugar molecule that is naturally present in the body. Dr. DuPéré offers JUVÉDERM and Restylane — the 2 most studied NASHA fillers with the most medical data proving safety and effectiveness. Both fillers come in several thicknesses or molecular sizes (with names such as ULTRA™, VOLBELLA®, VOLUMA®, Perlane®, Fine Lines®, and so on), and each is used for a specific region of the face.
The JUVÉDERM family of products includes the next generation of fillers that are formulated using VYCROSS™ technology, which means:
- Longer-lasting results
- The filler is smoother
- The filler is much easier to inject, which makes for enhanced patient comfort
- Results look and feel more natural, as it’s virtually impossible to detect any filler has been used
The VYCROSS fillers Dr. DuPéré offers include:
- VOLUMA: Designed specifically to restore volume to the cheeks, cheekbones, and around the chin, VOLUMA combines with collagen to improve the skin’s structure and elasticity. An excellent and powerful volumizer and lifter, VOLUMA remains the most powerful tool in the field of fillers to achieve the 3-D triangulation of the female face and to strengthen our Toronto alpha males’ lower jaws and chins. Clinical tests show the results can last up to 18 months.
- VOLBELLA: Lip injections are popular at our Toronto clinic, and VOLBELLA gets beautiful results that last up to a year. VOLBELLA can help patients define and enhance the lips for a pouty, youthful, sexy, and, more importantly, natural look.
- VOLIFT®: One of the latest fillers to be released by JUVÉDERM, VOLIFT is designed to smooth the deep wrinkles that run from the corners of the nose to the mouth, known as nasolabial folds, and for the marionette lines (the frowning, downturned corners of the mouth). VOLIFT is also promising for our very popular non-surgical rhinoplasty (nose job).
Results can last up to 12 to 18 months with the proper technique and depending on the product. Most NASHA fillers include a local anesthetic within the syringe to minimize discomfort. Dr. DuPéré also creates a positive injection experience by using topical anesthetic cream, performing the injections as gently as possible, and, more importantly, by using the latest cannula techniques, which have minimized bruising considerably.
Although these treatments are an excellent choice for many patients, those interested in longer-lasting results may be better candidates for lip lift, a chin implant, or another surgical approach. Dr. DuPéré can help you decide which is right for you.
The best wrinkle reduction treatments replenish volume in the skin and treat underlying tissues. RADIESSE Volumizing Filler provides needed volume and lift by promoting collagen production. This filler is made of tiny calcium-based microspheres suspended in a natural, water-based gel. Because the microspheres are similar to minerals found naturally in your body, allergy testing is not required. RADIESSE provides a structure into which your own natural collagen can grow. Results are clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients. Dr. DuPéré commonly uses RADIESSE for jaw contouring, chin augmentation, hand rejuvenation, and cheek repositioning and lifting. He also offers a RADIESSE “V” Lift to create a more youthful facial structure by repositioning the peak of the cheek “apples.”
Sculptra Aesthetic is made of poly-L-lactic acid material, which physicians have used as a suture material for many years. Dr. DuPéré uses this safe, biocompatible, and biodegradable synthetic substance to stimulate collagen production, add volume, and rejuvenate thin, crepey skin. As a qualified and trained plastic surgeon, Dr. DuPéré can inject Sculptra Aesthetic safely in several parts of the face. Most patients require 3 treatments spaced 2 months apart. Results can last up to 18 months.