Requests for gender reassignment or gender confirmation surgery in Toronto have increased dramatically over the past 15 years. Attitudes have evolved, and the transgender community has become much more visible and vocal, especially here in Canada’s largest metropolis. We’re fortunate to live in a time and place that celebrates diversity.
About Gender Confirmation Surgery
Like language itself, the vocabulary referring to gender identity changes over time. Terms currently used for this purpose include transgender, trans, trans-male, trans-female, female-to-male (FTM), and male-to-female (MTF). The names of relevant surgical procedures also incorporate these words. Many patients in Toronto reference “top surgery” when describing any procedure that involves the breasts — whether adding them or taking them away.
Why Choose Dr. DuPéré?
Dr. Marc DuPéré is one of Toronto's standout plastic
surgeons, and he's especially adept at enhancing and
improving the breasts for many reasons — including the
- His surgical technique reduces recovery time and
minimizes trauma to the delicate tissues of the breast
- His masterful blending of aesthetics and science
creates results that are not only beautiful, but safe and
- He's a fellow of the Royal College, a member of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons, a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, and a member of the French Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (SOFCEP), ensuring his skills stay sharp and up to today's standards
- Practices the "no-touch" Keller Funnel technique in breast augmentation to decrease risk of capsular contracture, and uses of triple antibiotics and nipple shields to improve results
- He completed a fellowship in Paris, France, with two French masters of breast surgery, Dr. Bricout and Dr. Petouin
- As an artistic sculptor, he has a natural eye for the body's proportions, anatomy, and the appearance of a natural-looking result
Dr. DuPéré uses a variety of customized techniques for chest reconstruction and contouring. He also offers pectoral augmentation, calf augmentation, and nonsurgical options for facial masculinization.
In addition to breast augmentation, Dr. DuPéré offers options for reducing the appearance of an Adam’s apple, adding feminine contours to the body, and feminizing the face with both surgical and nonsurgical options.Back to Top