Aging up is an inevitable part of living your life. What makes everyone absolutely detest it though is that it also affects the body, especially your skin that can affect someone’s beauty and confidence. If you wish to bring back your look from 10 years ago, skin rejuvenation is the answer to your skin worries.
Undergoing skin rejuvenation will improve the look and feel of sun-damaged or aged skin. Once you avail of this service, expect compliments like “You look younger than your age!” from left and right. It’s the key to having that youthful glow for a lifetime!
What is Laser Rejuvenation?
Laser rejuvenation is a skin resurfacing treatment done for those who are affected with acne scars, aging signs, or sun damage. It fixes the appearance of your face by treating its imperfections like blemishes, scars, blotches, lines, or wrinkles to bring back healthy and young-looking skin. Other than giving you smoother skin, it can also stimulate the production of collagen in your face, resulting in fresher and glowing skin.
This procedure will remove a layer of your skin with utmost precision. From this process, the dead skin at the top will be gone as well as the accumulated dirt on your face from your daily hustles. As the new skin cell emerges from the healing process of your skin, the surface will be tighter, thus reducing the wrinkles and lines. The peeled skin is also gone, so you can expect a better look and a fainter appearance of some skin irregularities such as acne scars or blemishes. With continuous follow-up procedure of this laser skin resurfacing procedure, rest assured that your face will be finer than before.
Technology Is Personalized for You
Visage Clinic is all about giving its patients the best option for their skin endeavours. There are several radio frequency and laser wrinkle-removing devices to choose from, to ensure that your skin is getting what it deserves. As there are different skin types, it is best to personalize the device per person. Many fail to take note that it will give the patient a better result if they give the right pair of laser and radiofrequency (RF) technology for them, rather than sticking to a general technique for all their customers.
To start with what’s the right laser and radiofrequency for the candidate, you will be asked to have a consultation with the best doctor for this job from Visage Clinic. The consultant will give you a piece of expert advice about the best laser and RF technology, depending on what you want to achieve for your skin. Once the laser and RF device is already customized based on your skin condition and skin goals, you’re set to see the skin you’ve been wishing for. Although there are a lot of combinations between different devices, all these combos work together with synergy which makes it possible for Visage Clinic to offer wide-range results for different customers.
Here are some of the technology that Visage Clinic has in store for you:
- Evoke Cheek lifting
- Fractional Laser Erbium
- Fractional Laser CO2
- Fractional Lux 1540 nm
- Fractora Fractional RF Resurfacing
- eMatrix Sublative Resurfacing
One of these procedures may pique your interest, but you still have to be careful of your decisions by consulting your consult coordinator first. You might now be living with your skin for years already, but your doctor is educated not only with your skin but with the process you’ll be undergoing.
Are You a Laser Rejuvenation Candidate?
Many people would love to have this treatment done for better skin, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you are an ideal candidate for this. Check first if you are included in this list, and if you are not, then it is better to see other treatments Visage Clinic can offer for you.
Laser skin resurfacing treatment is recommendable for you if you have:
- Aging skin described by wrinkles and fine lines
- Acne scars and marks
- Hyperpigmentation or darkening skin
- Skin tone unevenness
- Skin surface or texture irregularity
- Other skin expectations you want to achieve to enhance your face
The Benefits of Laser Rejuvenation
Generally, you can expect your wrinkles, face lines, face marks, and sun-damaged skin to feel and look better. However, it does not stop at that and it offers more benefits than making your skin look better from the outside. Many leave Visage Clinic with years off their face after availing of this procedure, and these are the reasons why it is so effective:
1. It reduces the size of the pores. Like what was mentioned before, the new skin heals itself and becomes tighter. The pore size is reduced, which makes the clients have healthier and younger-looking skin.
2. Stimulates your collagen production. This is the not-so-secret ingredient as to why the sizes of your pores reduce after the treatment. The loss of collagen as you age is what makes your skin appear loose, and as the laser skin treatment stimulates collagen production, your skin will tighten again.
3. The result will be long-lasting. A lot of skincare users rely on moisturizers and creams for better-looking skin. However, you should not settle for it as it will only give you the nice look only for a while, and it will be gone once your skin absorbs it or you wash it off. Meanwhile, investing in the best option for your skin, which is laser rejuvenation, will let you enjoy your skin goals for a long time – even years!
Possible Risks of Laser Rejuvenation
Let’s admit it, no procedure is 100% perfect. Undergoing laser rejuvenation poses some risks for the patient, but it is not ensured that every patient will feel the same side effects. The possible risks are also very minimal and will only occur by chance or condition. If you are afraid and you are thinking of backing out because of this, remember that Visage Clinic will not let you down and give you the utmost care even after your treatment.
Here are what you can expect after laser resurfacing:
1. Mild swelling. Since the laser will be beamed directly on your skin to remove your epidermis (outer layer of the skin) and heat up your dermis (inner layer of the skin), expect redness and swelling on your face. Most patients have experienced this effect, and it is normal. It will eventually go away in a few hours, but the worst-case scenario is the mild swelling to be present for three or more days.
2. Infection. This is most likely possible if you have underlying medical conditions. For patients who have a herpes simplex virus or cold sore, be most mindful as you are at great risk for infection. Usually, this is prevented during the consultation with the doctor if you discuss your condition properly. It is better not to opt out of any information that will lead you to greater risk, as the consultants will surely have an alternative for you anyway. If you still choose to have this procedure, you will be given an antiviral medication to reduce or eliminate the risk of infection.
3. Skin color change. Like mild swelling, this is also normal and temporary, but not everyone will experience this. Only a few patients reported experiencing this side effect. Still, this has a larger chance to stay for a long time for some who received an ablative treatment and have naturally darker skin.
4. Scarring. It is an extremely rare case, but nevertheless, it should be considered as it can still happen to the patients. It has a higher chance for those who will take an ablative treatment. There’s no more need to worry as the doctor will give you a heads up of the possible effects on you after a skin assessment. Then, you can decide whether to continue with the treatment or not.
Why Is Visage Clinic Your Pick for Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Visage Clinic was founded in 2003 by Dr. DuPéré, who has achieved a high level of refinement and excellence in the field. With his North American training and European refinement, he developed his innovative approach to the practice of aesthetic and plastic surgery.
The surgical center’s safety and quality measures are top-notch, as every medical equipment was purchased with the patients’ comfort and reassurance in mind. Your surgeon will surely be using the best and latest technology, ensuring you that everything will be done in the most desirable way possible for you to get optimal results. It’s not just about the up-to-date facility that was put together, but also about the safety features of this operating clinic being beyond the requirements needed by the Royal College.
Different Laser Rejuvenation Procedures
Visage Clinic has opened its doors in Toronto, Canada for you to experience and choose from a wide range of laser skin resurfacing treatment options. Depending on your skin type, skin condition, and skin goals, you are welcome and you can expect to find the best procedure for you. The fractional CO2 laser, fractionated Erbium laser, and fractional radiofrequency skin resurfacing are all offered here.
Take a look at what each of them can do for your skin:
1. Fractional CO2 Laser. This skin treatment will reduce and tend acne scars, wrinkles, oil glands that are expanding, and many skin irregularities. It uses a laser that is made from carbon dioxide, pulsing the CO2 energy from the tiny holes of the scanning pattern. It will eliminate the thin and damaged skin while keeping the tissue surrounding it unaffected. The removal of the dead skin cells will activate the skin’s microthermal zone production, ultimately leading to a natural healing process and boosted collagen production.
2. Erbium Laser. Radiofrequency is utilized in this procedure to rejuvenate your skin. Laser beams are broken up into grids of tinier beams, pulsing the gentle light to a fraction of the skin or better called the treatment zones. It’s the best choice if you’re only looking to treat some minor imperfections, as it specifically targets only a part of your skin. Healing is also rapid since the coverage area is smaller.
3. Fractional Radiofrequency Skin Resurfacing. The device used for this procedure is made of silicone-coated tiny needles that will safely proceed with strong ablative injuries deep in your skin. It creates tiny wounds that are responsible for initiating the speedy natural healing process, tightening the tissue in the process. What makes it beneficial is the fact that the epidermis is protected, while still getting improved skin and treatment of skin irregularities.
Ablative Vs. Non-ablative: Difference of the Two Laser Types
The difference between the two is pretty straightforward. Ablative laser, which can also be regarded as a wounding laser due to its nature, will remove the epidermis and heat up the dermis. The epidermis will heal more tightly and smoothly, and heating up the dermis will stimulate collagen production. Non-ablative laser is different as it only relies on stimulating collagen growth for the improvement of your skin texture and tone. The laser used will heat up below your skin, which injures your dermis without needing to touch the epidermis layer. Since it is less invasive, it will require less recovery time than the ablative laser procedure. However, the non-ablative method has the tendency to be less effective.
Visage Clinic’s Laser Rejuvenation Process
At Visage Clinic, you will be put into various skin treatments before going into the real deal of laser skin resurfacing. This is to ensure that your skin is in its best shape and condition to take in the procedure, ensuring the effectiveness of the laser rejuvenation process.
Patients will not be let down by Visage Clinic, and they always keep the clients as their top priority. Expect that on the day of your procedure, many preparations will be done for your comfort such as using a topical anesthetic for numbing the skin. Pronox or laughing gas is also used in the treatment to make it even more comfortable for you. You will feel almost no pain in the process of Visage Clinic’s laser skin resurfacing treatments. Feel free to set your mind at ease with the best surgeons in the house!
Preparing for Laser Rejuvenation
Before undergoing laser skin resurfacing procedure, it is important that you prepare your skin first to avoid any complications in the process. Basically, you should make sure that it is in its best condition to take on the treatments by:
- Avoiding your tan sessions four weeks before the schedule of your procedure.
- Using sunscreen, especially if you are going outside, four weeks before your treatment.
- Avoiding medications that can increase photosensitivity for 72 hours. Examples of these medications are doxycycline and minocycline.
What’s After the Laser Rejuvenation Treatment
Go home immediately and do not expose your skin to harsh conditions. Follow your doctor’s instructions about how you will take care of your newly treated skin, especially about the products you can or cannot apply to your face while your skin is still not fully healed. It is also normal to experience some mild swelling, so you do not have to panic. Make sure to consult your doctor whenever something feels strange or wrong about your skin after the procedure.
Recovery and Timeline of a Laser Rejuvenation Patient
If you had your laser rejuvenation treatment at Visage Clinic, then your recovery will be smooth-sailing and free from any uneasiness. For the first seven days of the procedure, most patients will feel the mild swelling that is completely normal. To ease the swelling you are experiencing in the first 48 hours, feel free to use ice packs. An additional tip is to sleep with an added pillow under your head as elevation can reduce your inflammation.
For the aftercare process, use a facial cleanser as per the recommendation of your cosmetic surgeon to ensure that it will not be too rough on your newly-treated skin. Use a cleanser to clean your face twice a day, so you can avoid possible infections you can get from exposure to dirt and germs. Moreover, cleaning your face daily removes dead skin cell residue from your face.
The sun is also harmful, so if you cannot avoid going out for your chores, make sure that you protect the healing skin from direct sunlight. Some ways to do it is by using sunglasses and hat, and most importantly, do not forget to apply sunscreen! Constantly retouch the sunscreen to reduce the risk of hyperpigmentation caused by exposure to sunlight.
Laser Rejuvenation’s Best Pair
Laser skin resurfacing will surely treat your skin, but you can get even better results if you pair it up with procedures that work well with it. To bring out the fullest potential of your skin, you can add these procedures to the mix:
- Injectable Botox
- Soft tissue dermal fillers
- Suture suspension thread lifting
FAQs About Laser Skin Resurfacing
1. Is the laser skin resurfacing procedure available for all skin types?
Yes, it is! All skin types can undergo a non-ablative laser procedure. Based on your skin tone, type, and condition, the doctor will be recommending you the best procedure for your skin. To give you a heads up, ablative lasers are not used on those who have dark skin types, so CO2 and Erbium wouldn’t be considered for this group. Radiofrequency resurfacing is the best pick for people who fall in the category mentioned.
2. How many sessions of laser skin resurfacing treatments should I get?
Depending on your choice of settings, you can have the treatment a single time or more. If you opt for a more aggressive setting for your first time, you will surely get your expected results in just a single session. However, it’s more recommendable to go in moderate settings and with continuous treatments as it goes through your skin slowly but surely. For optimal results, three sessions will usually do the trick.
3. Can I handle the pain of the laser skin resurfacing procedure?
Don’t worry, it’s not as painful as you think it is. You will be given a topical numbing cream so you wouldn’t feel any pain at all. Pronox, also known as laughing gas, can also be used to add to the patient’s comfort while the procedure is being done. It doesn’t stop there as most lasers have a built-in cooling system to provide relief to the targeted skin.
4. What’s the difference between these three and what do you recommend for me? (Microdermabrasion, micro-needling, laser skin resurfacing)
The three are recommendable in different circumstances and different skin conditions. Here’s a brief explanation of the three:
- Microdermabrasion utilizes a fine mist or other tiny instruments for exfoliating the outer layer of your skin to remove dead skin and stimulate collagen production. It will treat the skin of those who have enlarged pores, drying skin, aging skin or wrinkles and lines, hyperpigmentation, and mild to moderate cases of scarring.
- Micro-needling on the other hand will prick your skin with small needles to stimulate the production of collagen. As the skin heals, it will look healthier and younger. It’s also good if you’re suffering from mild scars, large pores, and wrinkles.
- For laser skin resurfacing procedure, it will penetrate your skin deeper than microdermabrasion and micro-needling. It is significantly more effective in treating mild to moderate cases of scars, wrinkles, scarring, and hyperpigmentation. In a sense, it is the most powerful out of all three.
If there is only a minimal amount of imperfection in your skin, the microdermabrasion procedure is recommended for you. Go for laser skin resurfacing if your skin is already in a horrible state or if you haven’t taken care of your skin.