If you’ve decided to move forward with the breast augmentation surgery that you’ve been debating, then you certainly deserve to be recognized for your decision. You have already taken care of the most fundamental need, which was to schedule the procedure that you rightly deserve.
That said, you will need to start making preparations for the surgery as soon as your surgeon has concluded that you are, in fact, an excellent candidate for the treatment, and you have agreed upon the kind of implant, its size, and its position in your body.
On the day of your surgery and while you are recovering, the amount of stress you experience will be directly proportional to how well prepared you are. This article will offer you an idea of how to prepare for your procedure, regardless of whether you have just begun exploring this process, have made the final choice to continue with breast augmentation, or are a few weeks away from the big day.
Making Preparations For The Breast Augmentation Surgery
Let’s have a look at the process of preparation from beginning to end. The following is what you should know:
Learn More About Breast Augmentation Surgery
If you think that breast augmentation could be a good choice for you, the first step is to educate yourself on the process involved in getting the surgery done. It is essential that you have a thorough understanding of the procedures involved in this kind of surgery and that you are confident in your ability to follow the recovery process following the surgery for the best results.
Make Sure That You’re Ready For The Recovery Process
As we mentioned above, this is an essential factor in ensuring a successful operation and subsequent recovery. Your general health will be one of the aspects that will be evaluated by your surgeon. Women who are in better physical condition tend to have a lot more positive experience with their recovery. Having a cheerful and optimistic attitude, on the other hand, is of equal significance. You have to have positive feelings about the process, and you need to surround yourself with friends and family members that are on board with the choice that you have made.
Make Sure That You’re Staying Healthy Before The Procedure
Maintaining a healthy and consistent weight is extremely important before and after the procedure. That said, if you’re planning on having a breast augmentation or have one booked, it’s important to eat healthy, avoid smoking and drinking alcohol as well as stay active. This will ensure that your recovery goes smoothly and your results last.
Find A Reputable Plastic Surgeon In Your Area
As one of the final preparations you need to find a reputable surgeon if you haven’t already. You should look for a board-certified plastic surgeon who can act as your reliable guide as you navigate the challenging choices about the size, kind, and other aspects of your implant. You should prioritize finding a surgeon who can assist you with achieving stunning outcomes that seem completely natural such as Dr. Marc DuPéré himself.
The Last Step Is The Decision Making Stage
Verify that the treatment option is appropriate for your needs and that you are prepared to undergo surgery. The choice to go through with breast augmentation is not one that should be made flippantly. The method needs to be suitable for both your emotional and bodily well-being.
You can get the clearest picture of this situation if you ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I making the decision to improve my looks for the sake of myself?
- How optimistic should I be about the outcomes of surgery?
- Do I have a complete understanding of the possible hazards connected with my surgery, as well as an acceptance of those risks?
- How am I doing in terms of my mental and physical health?
- Why is today the best moment for my operation as opposed to a year ago or, alternatively, a year from now?
- Do I feel entirely at ease with my surgeon and the personnel at their practice?
When you’ve given your sincere responses to these questions, you should have a good notion of whether or not you should proceed with the surgery. You may want to reconsider where you are in life, receive additional information about the operation, or talk to your surgeon about any concerns you have. After that, you should pose these questions to yourself once again.
How To Get Ready Once You’ve Booked Your Breast Augmentation Surgery In Toronto?
There are a few things you need to do in preparation for the day of your breast augmentation surgery. It is essential that you maintain peak physical condition by adhering to a healthy diet, engaging in physical activity on a consistent basis, and getting enough rest. You should also make an effort to maintain positive mental and emotional states by being upbeat and confident. Therefore, make it a goal to reduce the amount of stress and unpleasant emotions in your life before your surgery so you can have an extremely pleasant experience.
Additionally, it is vital that you follow the directions below:
- Be sure to pay attention to all of the directions that your surgeon gives you about your food, medicines, supplements, and cleanliness.
- Maintain open communication with your primary care physician on any vitamins, supplements, or other problems that may influence your ability to undergo surgery.
- Put an end to your alcohol use at least one week before the procedure.
- Put an end to all cigarette smoking and use of other products containing nicotine at least two to four weeks before your procedure, and continue to do so thereafter until you have fully recovered. Even just one cigarette may have a negative impact on your ability to recuperate after surgery and the results of the procedure as a whole.
- At least two weeks before surgery, you should stop using any blood-thinners such as aspirin, ibuprofen, advil, and aleve and supplements such as omega-3, fish oil, garlic, and vitamin E, among others.
- Carry out any and all necessary laboratory tests, diagnostic tests, and medical assessments as required.
Why Is It Important To Make The Appropriate Postoperative Preparations?
You don’t want to come out of surgery unprepared for the next step of the process, which is the recuperation period. Make sure that you are putting your affairs in order so that you can rest and heal without having to worry about anything after you are done with the surgery.
The following is a checklist for you to prepare:
- Make the required requests to take time off from work.
- Make arrangements for your transportation to and from the surgical procedure.
- After surgery, you should inquire about having someone be with you for the first 48 hours, including overnight.
- Get your home in order. Pay your bills and take care of other necessary matters, clean your house, do the laundry and the dishes, cook enough food for approximately a week’s worth of meals in advance.
- Make the necessary arrangements for the care of your children and your animals, bearing in mind that if you have to lift little children, you may want more help for a more extended amount of time.
- Have a conversation with your surgeon regarding post-operative clothing and invest in a pair of soft, comfy sports bras that do not have wires and open in the front.
- Fill your medications in advance. Prepare for any medical emergency by stocking up on cold packs, gauze, vitamins, and anything else your physician may suggest.
- At home, create a relaxing space for yourself by placing cushions on your bed or reclining in a chair.
- Prepare a nearby table with all of the items you will need after your procedure and place it there. Things such as: prescriptions, the phone, and the remote control.
- Ensure you always have water and healthy snacks available nearby.
Do You Want To Learn More About The Breast Augmentation Preparation Process? Contact Our Experts At The Visage Clinic In Toronto
There is no such thing as being too ready for anything. If you are thinking about getting breast implants or an augmentation, you should start gathering information as soon as possible and look for a reputable surgeon who can guide you through the process.
Because of this, we place a strong emphasis on selecting a board-certified plastic surgeon you can put your faith in. When you go in for surgery, you will have full faith in the choices you’ve already made and the knowledge that you’ve selected the surgeon who will give you the outcomes you’ve been looking for. After that, you will be able to calm down and approach the process with a positive attitude, knowing that you are well-prepared and are all set. Your breast augmentation procedure has the potential to be a wonderful and wholesome experience for you.
If you are interested in breast augmentation and believe that you might be a good candidate for the procedure, you can schedule a consultation with Dr. Marc DuPéré and get all of your questions answered right away!