There’s no better time to reveal gorgeous, glowing skin than summertime (and autumn time, and wintertime, and springtime)! If you haven’t had time to prepare your skin yet, it’s not too late. Quality skin care—at our Toronto-area clinic or at home—will help you have the glowing skin you’ll want to show off no matter the season.
At the Clinic
Choose our Visage Platinum Luxury Facial. This relaxing spa treatment infuses low-molecular weight ingredients, which include:
- Hyaluronic acid to intensify the skin’s hydration while producing an immediate plumping effect
- Organic ionized platinum to protect against free radical damage
This anti-aging facial stimulates collagen and elastin production and prevents photodamage and loss of elasticity. It reveals skin that is plumper and more hydrated with an even, glowing complexion.
Follow these 4 steps using medical-grade products at home for glowing skin:
1. CLEANSE: Daily use of an oxygenating and hydrating cleanser is a must during the summer months. You don’t want to overwhelm your skin with a harsh facial cleanser that will strip away the skin’s natural hydration and stimulate unwanted oil production. Products to try:
- BIOLOGIQUE RECHERGE Lait VIP 02: This creamy daily cleanser will help eliminate impurities and calm, brighten, and unify the complexion. It is great for all skin types.
- FORLLE’D P-effect Re-Purerance Wash: This foaming cleanser helps dissolve impurities and has an anti-inflammatory, healing, and calming effect on the skin. It also provides great hydration with hyaluronic acid. Ideal for all skin types.
2. EXFOLIATE: To help improve the appearance of sun damaged, dry, rough, dull and unevenly colored skin, it is important to gently exfoliate. By removing the dead cells that have accumulated on the surface of the skin, you will stimulate the growth of new skin cells. Using a gentle AHA/BHA lotion at night will improve the absorption of your treatment serums and creams while revealing a brighter and smoother complexion. Products to try:
- BIOLOGIQUE RECHERGE Lotion P50T: This exfoliating lotion gently removes dead skin cells and impurities. It improves the quality and strength of the skin while hydrating the outermost layers and balancing pH. Tolerated by all skin types.
- FORLLE’D Hyalogy P-effect Peeling Lotion: This brightening, hydrating, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial lotion will stimulate collagen production and cell renewal. It is safe for all skin types even sensitive, easily irritated, and allergic skin.
3. HYDRATE: Using a moisturizer with antioxidants during the summer months will help to reduce the effects of sun damage, aid in the production of collagen, and assist your skin in the fight against free-radical damage and aging. Products to try:
- BIOLOGIQUE RECHERGE Crème VIP 02: This oxygenating and revitalizing cream protects the skin against pollution. It instantly brightens and tones the skin revealing a healthy radiant complexion. Suitable for all skin types.
- FORLLE’D Hyalogy Platinum Face Cream: This luxurious anti-aging cream provides antioxidant protection. It contains low-molecular weight ionized platinum that will effectively protect the skin from the harmful effects of free radicals. It also helps to even out the complexion while deeply hydrating with low-molecular weight hyaluronic acid for a more youthful and plumped appearance.
4. PROTECT: One of the most important steps in your daily beauty regimen is the application of a broad-spectrum sunscreen to protect from UVA and UVB rays. Sun protection has evolved over the years; there is a larger selection with formulations aimed at addressing different skin conditions. Products to try:
- REVISION Skincare Intellishade SPF45: This award-winning, tinted sunscreen is formulated with a blend of peptides and minerals to moisturize and protect while reducing fine lines and wrinkles. It is available in two formulas, original and matte.
- ELTA MD UV Clear SPF 46: This lightweight sunscreen is ideal for skin that is prone to acne, rosacea, and hyperpigmentation. It is formulated with a blend of niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, and lactic acid for a more healthy complexion.
With so many choices, many people find it helpful to visit our clinic for a skincare consultation. We are happy to recommend treatments and products that can help you have the smooth, radiant, healthy skin you want–in the summer, fall, winter, or spring. To get started, contact us using our online form or call us in Yorkville at (416) 929-9800.
By: Gabriela Madrid
Master Medical Aesthetician at Visage Clinic