Breast augmentation has been one of the world’s most popular cosmetic procedures for decades. As with any surgical procedures, the choice to undertake this operation is extremely individual and should not be taken lightly. During a comprehensive consultation, your plastic surgeon can evaluate your objectives and health to decide whether or not the procedure is safe for you.
Are you thinking of receiving breast augmentation? Here are six things you should be aware of before undergoing this cosmetic surgery in Toronto, as well as the importance of consulting with a plastic surgeon such as our very own board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Marc DuPéré. Let’s get started…
What Is Breast Enhancement?
Let’s start off with the basics. The purpose of breast augmentation is to improve the size and contour of a woman’s breasts. Implants are largely and customarily used for this type of surgical procedure.
Women choose this therapy for a variety of reasons, including when they have substantial asymmetry, have lost breast volume due to weight loss or pregnancy, or simply want to improve their breast form and volume and create better harmony with the rest of their body.
Among the indications that you may be a suitable candidate for a breast augmentation are the following:
- You are in excellent overall health and have no major diseases or infections.
- Whether caused by age, pregnancy, or weight reduction, your breasts have lost volume or are sagging.
- You are nonsmoking.
- You are aware of the risks and advantages of this procedure, and your expectations for the result are reasonable.
- You have the ability and time to recuperate from cosmetic surgery.
Although many women are eligible for breast augmentation, you must first schedule a consultation with your plastic surgeon to examine your physical and emotional health, as well as your cosmetic aspirations. If this operation is found inappropriate for you, your plastic surgeon may be able to suggest a suitable option based on your needs.
Now that we’ve gone over the basics of the surgery and if you qualify as a candidate, let’s get into the six important factors about this type of procedure.
Six Factors To Consider Prior To Breast Augmentation
As we’ve previously stated, breast augmentation, sometimes known as a “boob job,” is a cosmetic surgical treatment intended to enlarge the size of the breasts. When done by a board-certified plastic surgeon, breast augmentation is a safe and effective method for restoring breast volume after pregnancy or weight loss, and may help patients attain a more rounded breast shape or correct breast asymmetry.
However, before you decide to get a breast augmentation, you must consider the following six points:
Breast Augmentation Is Ineffective For Correcting Drooping Breasts
Breast augmentation is intended to increase the size of the breasts; it does not alleviate severe sagging. If you are worried about this, your plastic surgeon may recommend breast lift surgery in addition to breast augmentation to make your breasts seem bigger and elevated.
You Must Carefully Choose Your Plastic Surgeon
Before considering cosmetic surgery, you must thoroughly investigate your plastic surgeon to confirm that they are board-certified and have years of expertise with breast procedures such as augmentation, mastopexy, and reductions. You may also want to request before-and-after images of other patients with comparable objectives, concerns, and anatomies.
You Must Choose Between Saline And Silicone Implants
Breast augmentation patients might choose between saline and silicone implants. Silicone implants offer a soft and natural appearance, although leaks may be more difficult to detect with this material. Saline implants, on the other hand, immediately disclose a leak and provide a substantial degree of fullness and projection. However, they lack the natural appearance and feel of silicone implants and are more susceptible to ripples.
Bigger May Not Be Better
Every breast has a maximum capacity for volume. If you choose excessively large implants, you raise your chance of unpleasant outcomes and long-term health repercussions. Your breast implant size should be decided by your body size, the amount of breast tissue you have, and your plastic surgeon’s recommendation.
Breast Implants May Not Last Forever
It is essential to recognize that breast implants are medical devices that are not intended to be permanent. Implants become more prone to rupturing and/or rippling as they age. Recognize that you must prepare to replace your implants in the future, since doing so will lessen the possibility of issues and help you retain an aesthetically pleasing look.
You’ll Need Recovery Time
Patients may often return to regular daily activities one week following surgery, unless their employment is very strenuous. Immediately after surgery, your breasts may seem swollen and sit higher than normal. It may take a few weeks to several months for your breasts to settle,’ or soften and seem more natural. Follow your plastic surgeon’s post-operative recommendations to expedite the healing process and avoid problems from arising. This is the best way to stay on top of your recovery and promote great results.
What To Know About Breast Augmentations In Toronto
Some women who have had the operation indicated that they want breast implants to raise their self-esteem and confidence. The feeling of empowerment that comes from being comfortable in one’s own flesh is facilitated by augmentation surgery.
Despite the fact that breast augmentation is now a relatively frequent surgery, it is still vital to be informed before arranging a consultation. Here are some astounding facts regarding implants that you must know:
- Implant Style: Many individuals may assume there are only two types of breast implants: silicone and saline. In reality, there are a variety of alternatives, each with its own distinct advantages. In addition to saline and silicone, structured saline implants, gummy bear implants, round implants, smooth implants, and textured implants are also available. Your cosmetic surgeon can discuss the advantages and drawbacks of each option and recommend the implant that will accomplish the desired results.
- Exercise: There are a variety of exercises that may be performed to target the chest region, but no amount of exercise can restore drooping or deflated breasts. These workouts are designed to strengthen the pectoral muscles but have little impact on breast tissue. You may enhance the size of your chest muscles, but this will have no effect on your cup size. For this reason, most women turn to breast augmentation surgery for a more dramatic look and change.
- Age: The Federal Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized saline-filled implants for breast augmentation in women 18 years of age and older, and for reconstruction in patients of any age. In addition, the FDA has authorized silicone-filled implants for breast augmentation in women over the age of 22 and for reconstruction at any age.
- Maintenance: Although modern implants are quite durable, it is possible for one or both to be ruptured by a traumatic incident or to fail on their own as they age. Even though the likelihood of an age-related rupture is minimal, it is vital to have them routinely inspected using radiographs, ultrasounds, or MRIs to verify that no leaking is developing. This is particularly crucial for implants using silicone.
Regardless of the kind of breast implant you choose, our board-certified plastic surgeon is strongly advised for optimal outcomes. Dr. DuPéré has more expertise and education, which will aid in both the surgical procedure and rehabilitation process– making your experience as smooth as possible.
FAQ About Breast Augmentations In Toronto
We understand that you may have some questions about this procedure other than the ones we’ve covered in this blog. Here are some of the common frequently asked questions we get at our clinic:
Which Breast Implant Kind Feels The Most Natural?
Silicone implants tend to give the most natural-looking and natural-feeling breasts when compared to saline implants. Silicone implants are somewhat more costly than saline implants because they are made of a very viscous gel that makes them much softer.
How Long Do Breast Implants Typically Last?
Implants made of saline or silicone may last between 10 and 20 years. However, many implants are extracted or replaced prematurely owing to problems or aesthetic concerns. On average, implants will need to be changed or removed within 8 to 10 years.
Why Should I Choose Visage Clinic Over Other Clinics?
The choice to have breast augmentation is not only significant in and of itself, but it also has the potential to significantly and favorably affect one’s feelings of self-confidence. Our staff in Toronto is committed to making sure that your experience goes smoothly and that you get the results that are tailored specifically to your preferences. If you come to our luxurious clinic, you will have a one-of-a-kind experience thanks to your decision to go ahead with us.
Explore Breast Augmentation At Visage Clinic In Toronto
Are you prepared to move forward and learn more about breast augmentation in Toronto?
When you make an appointment for a consultation with Dr. DuPéré, he will conduct a physical and visual evaluation, talk to you about what you hope to achieve through surgery, and then offer a recommendation based on his considerable expertise as to what will be most helpful to you in achieving your particular objectives.
Call us or book a consultation now to begin your journey to a more attractive and confident you!